A Guide To Enjoyable Weather in Dubai
What is the best time of year to go to Dubai?
November to February is considered to be the best time to visit this emirate, as temperatures are pleasant and there’s a buzz in the air with a range of events and activities from the Dubai Shopping and Food Festivals to the Dubai World Cup.
A Guide to Enjoyable Weather in Dubai
The United Arab Emirates has some of the hottest summers and most pleasant winters in the world. Dubai, the most populous city in the Emirates, has a variety of weather depending on the time of year. Here’s a guide to enjoyable weather in Dubai:
Summer Weather in Dubai
- June through August are the hottest months in Dubai with temperatures exceeding 45° C (113° F)
- The high temperatures, combined with humidity and a lack of breeze, make it a difficult time of year for outdoor activities
- The best advice is to stay indoors as much as possible and take advantage of the cooled malls and buildings during this time of year
- Be sure to wear light colored and loose-fitting clothing, as well as a wide-brimmed hat, while out in the heat.
Winter Weather in Dubai
- November through March are the mildest months in Dubai, with temperatures usually only reaching up to 25° C (77° F)
- This peak season for tourism in Dubai, as the mild weather is ideal for outdoor activities such as sightseeing and trips to the nearby desert
- Be sure to wear light layers and a jacket as evenings can get a bit chilly
- This is also when rain is most likely, although it typically falls in short, heavy bursts.
Enjoying the Weather in Dubai
- Whether you’re visiting during the hot summer months or the mild winter season, there are still plenty of things to do in Dubai that can be enjoyable and weather-appropriate.
- Indoor activities such as shopping, exploring museums, and seeing a show at the Dubai Opera are a great way to beat the heat and have fun.
- In winter, take advantage of the mild temperatures by going on sightseeing tours in the nearby deserts, such as the Arabian Desert or the Emirates Desert.
- Head to the beach and enjoy the sunset in either season; the view of the Arabian Sea is especially gorgeous during winter months.
Enjoying the weather in Dubai depends on which season you visit, but there are many activities to do throughout the year. The hot, sunny days of summer are perfect for going indoors and taking advantage of the cooled malls, while winter offers mild temperatures that make for great sightseeing and beach trips. No matter when you visit, there’s always plenty of enjoyable weather in Dubai.